Skip to main content

Will You Quotes

What's your name?"
"Becky Thatcher. What's yours? Oh, I know. It's Thomas Sawyer."
"That's the name they lick me by. I'm Tom when I'm good. You call me Tom, will you?"
"Yes
- Mark Twain

Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glitterred as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Anduril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. "Elendil!" he cried."I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again!Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly
- J R R Tolkien

Will you stop counting!' snarled Zaphod.
'Yes,' said Ford Prefect, 'in three minutes and thirty-five seconds.
- Douglas Adams

Beth," he said simply, his flawless face lit up with anticipation. "There is no doubt in my mind that we belong together, but to spend the rest of my life with you would be an honor and commitment that I would cherish." He paused, his clear, blue eyes luminous. My breath caught in my throat, but Xavier only smiled. "Beth," he repeated. "Will you marry me?" The look on his face was pure happiness.
- Alexandra Adornetto

For then only will you be strong, when you cherish the laws, and when the revolutionary attempts of lawless men shall have ceased.
- Aeschines

What have you gained since you haven't prayed? What will you lose if you pray?
- Jaachynma N E Agu

And whowasit youwasit propped the pot in the yard and whatinthe nameofsen lukeareyou rubbinthe sideofthe flureofthe lobbywith Shite! will you have a plateful? Tak.
- James Joyce

Moths," repeats Will. "You're afraid of moths?"
"Not just a cloud of moths," she says, "like...a swarm of them. Everywhere. All those wings and legs and..." She shudders and shakes her head.
"Terrifying," Will says with mock seriousness. "That's my girl. Tough as cotton balls."
"Oh, Shut up.
- Veronica Roth

What will you do with the time you have left?
- Mitch Albom

But will you miss me? More importantly - will I miss you? Does either one of us really want to hear the answer to that question?
- Jodi Picoult

Will you marry me?"
I was in shock for a full ten seconds before I realized what was happening. I threw my arms around him and kissed him as hard as I could.
"Is that a yes?" he asked, when I pulled away.
"Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" I shrieked.
His face broke into a wide smile. "Thank God," he said then.
- Monica Alexander

I only suggest to you: Will you dwell on killing this man? You wish for revenge? If you do, he has already killed you by slow poison. So, let it go. Why waste your time? His life will see to his death.
- Lloyd Alexander

What's the bigger risk: Taking the risk, or not taking the risk? What will you accomplish by not taking the risk? What will you accomplish by taking the risk, even if you fail?
- Kya Aliana

Will you do me the honor of being my wife?
- Cassandra Clare

Yes," said Will, "you two don't seem to have much in common, save for a penchant for demon women and evil.
- Cassandra Clare

Trains are great dirty smokey thungs", said Will. "You won't like it."
Tessa was unmoved. "I won't know if I like it until I try it, will I?"
"I've never swum naked in the Thames, but I know I wouldn't like it."
"But think how entertaining for sightseers," said Tessa....
- Cassandra Clare

My shoulder will never be the same. I expect you to nurse me back to health.'-Jace
'Just break the door down, will you?'-Clary
- Cassandra Clare

He flushed, the colour dark against his pale skin. 'I mean. Tessa Gray, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?' Jem..
- Cassandra Clare

The demon bared its greenish fangs. "This is my true form. An ugly surprise for you, I suppose."
"I daresay it's an improvement," said Will. "You weren't much to look at before, and at least the horns are dramatic.
- Cassandra Clare

Trains are great dirty smoky things," said Will. "You won't like it."
Tessa was unmoved. "I won't know if I like it until I try it, will I?"
"I've never swam naked in the Thames, but I know I wouldn't like it.
- Cassandra Clare

Will," she whispered against his mouth. She wanted him closer to her so badly, it was like an ache, a painful hot ache that spread from her stomach to speed her heart and knot her hands in his hair and set her skin burning. "Will, you need not be so careful. I will not break.
- Cassandra Clare

Camille leaned forward. When she did, the neckline of her black silk blouse gaped open. If Simon had still been human, he would have blushed. "Will you let me see it?"
Simon could actually feel his eyes pop out. "See what?
- Cassandra Clare

You won't do our things with another girl, or say the same things, will you?
- Ernest Hemingway

Hey," Lula said to Ranger's man."You want to watch it? I just had my hair done. I don't need plaster in it. Next time just shoot a hole is this punk-ass loser, will you?
- Janet Evanovich

When will you learn that there isn't a word for everything?
- Nicole Krauss

Later - when things happened that they could never have imagined - she wrote him a letter that said: When will you learn that there isn't a word for everything
- Nicole Krauss

I don't really have anything against Will Young or Gareth Gates.
- Marc Almond

And what will you do now? You'll collect loves
Like stamps. You've got doubles and no one
Will trade you and you have the damaged ones.
- Yehuda Amichai

Got a kick for a dog
Beggin' for Love
I gotta have my suffering
So that I can have my cross
I know a cat named Easter
He says will you ever learn
You're just an empty cage girl
If you kill the bird
I've been looking for a savior in these dirty streets
looking for a savior beneath these dirty sheets
I've been raising up my hands
Drive another nail in
Got enough guilt to start
my own religion
- Tori Amos

and if there is a way to find you, I will find you. but will you find me if Neil makes me a tree
- Tori Amos

Cole tilted her chin so he could look deeply into her eyes. "Kyle, you are my heaven. Will you come with me?"
"I will." Kyle snuggled deeper into his chest, gently tracing his Sorry tattoo.
Cole's heart beat like the pounding of an angel's wings.
- Debra Anastasia

When he got to her dress strap, he watched her eyes as he slid it off her shoulder. She smiled her unquestionably Kyle smile. Still present.
"I'm still here," she said in a playful voice. But she was. She was still there.
"Kyle, will you come to my bed?" Cole would take this so slowly.
"I will." Kyle followed as he led her to his simple twin bed, covered in a plain tan comforter.
- Debra Anastasia

Blake, will you let me take you to the ER?" She already knew his answer.
"No, I can't pay for their services." He was adamant.
Dignified, proud.
- Debra Anastasia

Kyle, will you come with me?" He whispered the words against her forehead between kisses. His hands traveled over her back as if the Bible were written in Braille on her sundress.
"I'm your shadow now, Cole. I'll be where you are." Kyle smiled, her eyes steady on his.
- Debra Anastasia

How many lives will you save if I'm in prison?" Beckett continued. "Hundreds? Thousands? Do it for the people I haven't killed yet.
- Debra Anastasia

He knelt on one knee, close to the hem of her dress, and looked up at her. She watched him as he kissed her hand.
Beautiful, enchanting Livia, will you marry me today?
- Debra Anastasia

It is one of the issues that will have to be worked through however let me make the point and I think anyone would accept that if you set it up properly, not only will you get better environmental outcomes, you have a chance to create more wealth with the available resource.
- John Anderson

Single Mind:
If I love you with all my heart, she said, what will you give me? & then she stopped & said I didn't have to answer that because she was going to do it anyway.
- Brian Andreas

It depends. If I don't let you in, will you huff and puff and blow my house down?"
She had no idea. "I'm more of a kick the door open and cut everyone inside to ribbons kind of wolf.
- Ilona Andrews

Curran and Kate stood by the door.
"I can't believe you decided to come down here and check on me," she said.
"The guy once handed you a fan and told you to fan yourself if the sight of his naked torso was too much."
"That was like a year ago. Will you let it go already?"
"No." Curran grabbed her and pulled her to him, kissing her. "Never."
She kissed him back and smiled.
Awww. Kate and the Beast Lord sitting in a tree...
- Ilona Andrews

Not only will you sleep with me, but you will say 'please.'"
I stared at him, shocked.
The smile widened. "You will say 'please' before and 'thank you' after."
Nervous laughter bubbled up. "You've gone insane. All that peroxide in your hair finally did your brain in, Goldilocks.
- Ilona Andrews

When you are in the final days of your life, what will you want?
Will you hug that college degree in the walnut frame? Will you ask to be carried to the garage so you can sit in your car? Will you find comfort in rereading your financial statement? Of course not. What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now?
- Max Lucado

David, when it happens... when it happens, David, will you save me?
- Katherine Applegate

I told you the truth at the bridge. I don't have a good excuse. Blame it on a bad mood." Tate dips his chin, and his grin shoots my heart to the ceiling. "If I tell you I'm sorry a hundred more times, will you forgive me? 'Cause I'll do it, if that's what it takes.
- Jennifer Archer

Rather than argue, Amanda smiled at him. "And then what will you do while your son or daughter is in charge of your store and your companies?"
"I'll spend my days and nights pleasing you," he said. "It's a challenging occupation, after all." He laughed and dodged as she went to swat his attractive backside.
- Lisa Kleypas

Arum: But where will your arrogance be when we absorb your powers?
Daemon: In the same place as my foot. You know, as in up your ass.
- Jennifer L Armentrout

Will you show me what you really look like? You don't sparkle, do you?
- Jennifer L Armentrout

I'm sorry I'm not more cultured. I'll watch PBS. And cut people open for fun. Will that be better? Will you be less embarrassed to be my fledgling then?
- Jennifer Armintrout

Oh, for God's sake... get a life, will you?
- William Shatner

Will you marry me, Quinn O'Connor?
- Keri Arthur

Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
- Mary Kay Ash

Live this with me, just live it, whatever happens, however it happens, live it with me for two days. It doesn't go the way you like, we'll talk Monday night. It goes the way you like, we live it real and ride it out. Will you give me that, honey?
- Kristen Ashley

Will you stay out of it?" he clipped.
"She's holdin' onto me, bud, I'd say I'm in it," Tate returned.
- Kristen Ashley

By telling you anything at all I'm at least believing in you, believe you're there, I believe you into being. Because I'm telling you this story I will your existence. I tell, therefore you are. So I will go on. So I will myself to go on.
- Margaret Atwood

I fear that I will do something to bring harm to those I love," Froi said. "So I follow their rules to ensure that I won't."
"But what if you bring harm or fail to protect those you don't know? Or don't love? Will you care as much?"
"Probably not."
"Then choose another bond. One written by yourself. Because it is what you do for strangers that counts in the end.
- Melina Marchetta

O mortals, how long will you be heavy-hearted? Life has come down to you, and are you reluctant to ascend and live? But what room is there for you to ascend, you with your high-flown ways and lofty talk? Come down, that you may ascend, ascend even to God..
- Saint Augustine Of Hippo

If you don't know exactly where you're going, how will you know when you get there?
- Steve Maraboli

Whom are you going to dance with?' asked Mr. Knightley.
She hesitated a moment and then replied, 'With you, if you will ask me.'
Will you?' said he, offering his hand.
Indeed I will. You have shown that you can dance, and you know we are not really so much brother and sister as to make it at all improper.'
Brother and sister! no, indeed.
- Jane Austen

JANE: "Will you tell me how long you have loved him?"
ELIZABETH: "I believe it must date it from my first seeing his beautiful grounds at Pemberley.
- Jane Austen

The pig reached the assembly of servants, and the maids shrieked, running in every possible direction. Stunned by the sudden movement, the pig stopped, raised its snout; and let out a hellish squealand then another, and another, and...
"Will you shut up!" Dunford commanded.
The pig, sensing authority, didn't just shut upit actually laid down.
- Julia Quinn

Watch over Honoria, will you? See that she doesn't marry an idiot.
- Julia Quinn

I have thoroughly compromised your niece," Alex declared. "Will you plase insist that she marry me?"
Caroline didn't bat an eyelash. "This", she announced, "is most peculiar.
- Julia Quinn

Watch over Honoria, will you? See she doesn't marry an idiot. (Daniel Smythe-Smith)
- Julia Quinn

Will you be quiet?" he asked, smiling down at her.
She nodded.
He pretended to think about it. "I don't believe you/"
She planted her hands on her hips, which had to be a ludicrous postition, naked as she was from the waist up.
All right," he acceded, "but the only words I'll allow from your mouth are, 'Oh, Gareth,' and 'Yes, Gareth.'
He lifted his finger.
What about 'More, Gareth?'"
He almost kept a straith face. "That will be acceptable
- Julia Quinn

Gareth turned to Gregory. "Your sister will be safe
with me," he said. "I give you my vow."
"Oh, I have no worries on that score," Gregory said
with a bland smile. "The real question iswill you be
safe with her?"
It was a good thing, Gareth later reflected, that Hyacinth
had already quit the room to fetch her coat and her
maid. She probably would have killed her brother on the
spot.
- Julia Quinn

He'd mesmerized her, held her soul captive. And she couldn't move.
"Unless you want more than a dream," he said.
She did.
"Will you stay?" he whispered. "Or will you go?"
She stayed. Heaven help her, she stayed.
And Michael showed her just how romantic a library could be.
- Julia Quinn

I love you; i only want you...forever. Will you marry me, sweet?
- Kahlen Aymes

A double-edged sword
One side destroys
One releases
I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy me?
Follow truth and you shall:
Find me on water
Purify me through fire
Trapped by earth nevermore
Air will whisper to you
What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible
If you believe
Then we shall both be free.
- P C Cast

We are unknown to ourselves, we men of knowledge - and with good reason. We have never sought ourselves - how could it happen that we should ever find ourselves? It has rightly been said: "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"; our treasure is where the beehives of our knowledge are.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ten truths must you find during the day; otherwise will you seek truth during the night, and your soul will have been hungry.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

That is what you're making of the end of your mother's life, child. What will you make of your own?
- Kage Baker

Will you dance for me? Let your breasts roam for a moment -- I need to see how they dance.'
'Okay.' She danced, and as she danced, she tried to think of the most delicious salads she could imagine -- with artichokes and sundried tomato and blue cheese dressing, and beets, lots of beets.
- Nicholson Baker

I am less to you than your ivory Hermes or your silver Faun. You will like them always. How long will you like me? Till I have my first wrinkle, I suppose. I know, now, that when one loses one's good looks, whatever they may be, one loses everything. Your picture has taught me that. Lord Henry Wotton is perfectly right. Youth is the only thing worth having. When I find that I am growing old, I shall kill myself.
- Oscar Wilde

What a fuss people make about fidelity!" exclaimed Lord Henry. "Why, even in love it is purely a question for physiology. It has nothing to do with our own will. Young men want to be faithful, and are not; old men want to be faithless, and cannot: that is all one can say.
- Oscar Wilde

Will you accept me? (Fury)
No, I'm here naked with you because all my clothes fell off by accident and I can't find them. (Angelia)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

So how do you know him? (Shahara)
I knocked on his door one day and said, 'Hi, I'm here to rob you. Hope you don't mind. Oh, and by the way, will you be my friend?' (Syn)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

What are you people talking about?" Abigail
"Nothing important. Just the end of the world as we know it, and for the record, I don't feel fine. Neither will you when it all comes slamming down on your head." Zarek
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

You won't forget me, Peter, will you, before spring-cleaning time comes?
Of course Peter promised, and then he flew away. He took Mrs. Darling's kiss with him. The kiss that had been for no one else Peter took quite easily. Funny. But she seemd satisfied.
- James M Barrie

Will you walk a little faster?' said a whiting to a snail,
'There's a porpoise close behind us and he's treading on my tail.
See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle -- will you come and join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?
- Lewis Carroll

Always remember that with privilege comes responsibility. You must go to Casa Azul and see the place you came from. Only then will you be able to understand how far you've come.
- Sandra Rodriguez Barron

You are sitting and smoking; you believe that you are sitting in your pipe, and that your pipe is smoking you; you are exhaling yourself in bluish clouds. You feel just fine in this position, and only one thing gives you worry or concern: how will you ever be able to get out of your pipe?
- Charles Baudelaire

Hello, Sally? Let me talk to Chuck, will you?"
"I think he's lost in the woods."
"I know what you mean, but let me talk to him, will you?
- Charles M Schulz

When I think of talking, it is of course with a woman. For talking at its best being an inspiration, it wants a corresponding divine quality of receptiveness, and where will you find this but in a woman?
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

From CATS ARE KIND
I saw a dog pursuing automobiles;
On and on he sped.
I was puzzled by this;
I accosted the dog.
'If you catch one,' I said
'What will you do with it?'
'Dumb cat,' he cried,
And ran on.
- Henry N Beard

At the far end of this infinite distance a coin is being spun which will come down heads or tails. How will you wager? Reason cannot make you choose either, reason cannot prove either wrong.
- Blaise Pascal

In the name of Bacon will you chicken me up that egg.
Shall I swallow cave-phantoms?
- Samuel Beckett

I've a pocket full of dreams to sell," said Teddy, whimsically,... "What d'ye lack? What d'ye lack? A dream of success--a dream of adventure--a dream of the sea--a dream of the woodland--any kind of a dream you want at reasonable prices, including one or two unique little nightmares. What will you give me for a dream?
- L M Montgomery

He didn't ask "Where will you spend eternity?" as religious the-end-is-near picketers did but rather, "With what, in this modern democracy, will you meet the demands of your soul?
- Saul Bellow

Lanser said, There are no peaceful people, when will you learn it? There are no friendly people, can't you understand that?
- John Steinbeck

Will you stay to dinner?" Adam asked.
"I will not be responsible for the murder of more chickens," said Samuel.
"Lee's got a pot roast."
"Well, in that case--
- John Steinbeck

Remember me in your dreams, as I will you.
- Elizabeth Berg

I want you always to remember me. Will you remember that I existed, and that I stood next to you here like this?
- Haruki Murakami

Will you wait for me forever?
- Haruki Murakami

I want you to try and remember what it was like to have been very young.
And particularly the days when you were first in love; when you were like a person sleepwalking, and you didn't quite see the street you were in, and didn't quite hear everything that was said to you.
You're just a little bit crazy. Will you remember that, please?
- Thornton Wilder

Smartass Disciple: Master, where will you go after your soul leaves your body?
Master of Stupidity: What makes you think a soul will go elsewhere physically?
- Toba Beta

Will you marry me, my darling ?
Do I have options, you bastard ?
- Toba Beta

you should not run for president because tactically you can win. The questions you have to ask are why you're running for president and what will you do when you are president. You shouldn't run until you know the answers to those questions.
- Joe Biden

Will you stand by it now, or will you let the Shylocks come and have their way? It is for you to determine.
- Richard Parks Bland

Cressida: My lord, will you be true?
Troilus: Who, I? Alas, it is my vice, my fault:
Whiles others fish with craft for great opinion,
I with great truth catch mere simplicity;
Whilst some with cunning gild their copper crowns,
With truth and plainness I do wear mine bare.
Fear not my truth: the moral of my wit
Is "plain and true"; there's all the reach of it.
- William Shakespeare

Sirrah, your Father's dead: And what will you do now? How will you live?
Son: As birds do, mother.
L. Macd: What with worms and flies?
Son: With what I get, I mean; and so do they.
- William Shakespeare

Antonio: Will you stay no longer? nor will you not that I go with you?
Sebastian: By your patience, no. My stars shine darkly over me; the malignancy of my fate might, perhaps, distemper yours; therefore I shall crave of you your leave that I may bear my evils alone. It were a bad recompense for your love to lay any of them on you.
- William Shakespeare

Is it but this,a tardiness in nature
Which often leaves the history unspoke
That it intends to do? My lord of Burgundy,
What say you to the lady? Love's not love
When it is mingled with regards that stand
Aloof from the entire point. Will you have her?
She is herself a dowry.
- William Shakespeare

Will you walk out of the air, my lord?
HAMLET
Into my grave.
- William Shakespeare

HAMLET
I do not well understand that. Will you play upon this pipe?
GUILDENSTERN
My lord, I cannot.
HAMLET
I pray you.
GUILDENSTERN
Believe me, I cannot.
HAMLET
I do beseech you.
GUILDENSTERN
I know no touch of it, my lord.
HAMLET
It is as easy as lying.
- William Shakespeare

How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.
- Paul Bowles

Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really...How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless. The Sheltering Sky.
- Paul Bowles

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well...How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.
- Paul Bowles

Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really...How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.
- Paul Bowles

You have a unique body and mind, with a particular history and conditioning. No one can offer you a formula for navigating all situations and all states of mind. Only by listening inwardly in a fresh and open way will you discern at any given time what most serves your healing and freedom.
- Tara Brach

Corrupt my brother, will you? I'll see you in hell first, sir.
- Libba Bray

Will you punish me forever?
- Libba Bray

I know it. I know I shall make beastly mistakes, Father-"
"The world does not forgive mistakes so quickly, my girl." He sounds bitter and sad.
"If the world will not forgive me," I say softly, "I shall have to learn to forgive myself."
He nods in understanding.
"And how will you marry? Or do you intend to marry?"
I think of Kartik, and tears threaten. "I shall meet someone one day, as Mother found you.
- Libba Bray

Dear sir, Mr. B.J. Thing... er... we the people of Britain are fed up with being bombed. We had enough of it last time with old Hitler so will you just leave us in peace, you live your life and we'll live ours, hope you are well... please don't drop any bombs.
Yours sincerely, Mr. and Mrs. J. Bloggs
- Raymond Briggs

So, it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? Thirty years from now, forty years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him- go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again, if I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.
- Nicholas Sparks

Whatever the price, identify it now. What will you have to go through to get where you want to be? There is a price you can pay to be free of the situation once and for all. It may be a fantastic price or a tiny one - but there is a price.
- Harry Browne

Look how healthy you are, and your skin, it's like a Barbie doll."
"Why, thank you, Jenny." Christine graciously accepted the compliment, only to get side swiped when Jennifer moved to the door. "Tell me, will you melt if it gets too hot outside?
- Carroll Bryant

How will you deal with him?" Belses asked.
Jock lifted a brawny fist and regarded it lovingly. "Knock him out-- truss him up-- whatever the Almighty permits us."
Supposing he's not alone?"
Oh, then, if his trusties are with him, there'll be a bonny rumpus.
- John Buchan

What will you do?"
"Oh, hell, I'll write a novel about writing the screenplay and making the movie."
"What are you going to call it?"
"Hollywood."
"Hollywood?"
"Yes..."
And here it is. (Hollywood, pg. 239)
- Charles Bukowski

So if reality is all a spell, and you don't really want what you think you want... If you have no free will. You don't really know what you know. You don't really love who you only think you love. What do you have left to live for?
- Chuck Palahniuk

To those who see the magical surface of things, you are invisible.'
Good grief. Will you still be able to see me?'
He met her eyes in a way that made her shiver pleasantly. 'I see you in a great many ways. It would be hard to blind me in all of them.
- Emma Bull

Say what we will, you may be sure that ambition is an error; its wear and tear of heart are never recompensed, --it steals away the freshness of life, --it deadens its vivid and social enjoyments, --it shuts our souls to our own youth, --and we are old ere we remember that we have made a fever and a labor of our raciest years.
- Edward George Bulwer Lytton

Hermes rolled his eyes. "Surely you've seen network TV lately. It's clear they don't know whether they're coming or going. That's because Janus is in charge of programming. He loves ordering new shows and cancelling them after two episodes. God of beginnings and endings, after all. Anyway, I was bringing him some magic doormats, and I was double-parked-"
"You have to worry about double-parking?"
"Will you let me tell the story?"
"Sorry.
- Rick Riordan

Annabeth: Hey, Seaweed Brain.
Percy: Will you stop calling me that?
Annabeth: You know you love it.
- Rick Riordan

Right before the game, she strolled up to me. "Hey, Seaweed Brain."
"Will you stop calling me that?"
She knows I hate that name, mostly because I never have a good comeback. She's the daughter of Athena, which doesn't give me a lot of ammunition. I mean, "Owl-head" and "Wise Girl" are kind of lame insults.
- Rick Riordan

Originality breeds contempt. People will be jealous (in other words, 'hate') and the first thing out of their mouth is 'they don't get it'. Only when time and market share expands and the rest of the world is doing the exact thing you came up with first, will you be perceived as being normal since everyone else is doing it. When in truth, time has finally caught up to you.
- Corey Aaron Burkes

Oh be careful! There they go again!" said the old queen as his string broke spilling his balls over the floor.... "Stop them will you, James, you worthless old shit! Don't just stand there and let the master's balls roll into the coal-bin!
- William S Burroughs

Fetch me the money box and some punkwood, will you, my boy? Gannon asked him, licking the honey from his plate. (I fear table manners in the cabin-indeed, all manners-had suffered since Gannon and his son had been left to themselves.)
- William D Burt

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
- Albert Einstein

David gave me the Hope Diamond gaze.
"Will you be mine forever?" The words escaped my lips.
- Nely Cab

Will you be mine forever?" The words escaped my lips. "And evermore." He replied kissing my forehead.
- Nely Cab

Bishop was all done with the witty converstaion. "Will you swear?"
And Myrnin said, shockingly, "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swearwords that made Claire blink. He ended with, "--frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and bow. He looked up with a red, red grin that was more like a leer. "Is that what you meant, my lord?
- Rachel Caine

...will you be so kind as to provide me with a few places where I might look for a murderer?"
"The mirror's a great place to start
- Rachel Caine

When you were born, you cried and everybody else was happy. The only question that matters is this - when you die, will you be happy when everybody else is crying?
- Tony Campolo

But how will you bear an absentminded man who, if he happens to see you, will kill you? That is what tries the nerves, abstraction combined with cruelty. Men have felt it sometimes when they went through wild forests, and felt that the animals there were at once innocent and pitiless. They might ignore or slay. How would you like to pass ten mortal hours in a parlour with an absent-minded tiger?
- Gilbert K Chesterton

No,' said Gould, with an unusual and convincing gravity; 'I do not believe that being perfectly good in all respects would make a man merry.'
'Well,' said Michael quietly, 'will you tell me one thing? Which of us has ever tried it?
- Gilbert K Chesterton

please, will you stay with me?" he replys "Always".
- Suzanne Collins

Upon this crown my pledge I give,
To my last breath,I hold this choice,
I will your unjust deaths avenge,
All here who died without a voice.
- Suzanne Collins

Do you agree with that About saying 'forever' and being sure? I do. Will you tell me when you think you're there? Sure. Good. June? Yes? I'm there. You go ahead and take your time.
- Robyn Carr

But what if you don't like Chico?" she asked him, her brow furrowed.
"Will you be there? Because if that's where you want to be, I'll find plenty to like.
- Robyn Carr

Weeks later, she said: 'The guy was about middle-aged. All his things right there in his yard. No lie. We got real pissed and danced. In the driveway. Oh, my God. Don't laugh. He played us these records. Look at this record-player. The old guy gave it to us. And all these crappy records. Will you look at this shit?'
She kept talking. She told everyone. There was more to it, and she was trying to get it talked out. After a time, she quit trying
- Raymond Carver

A double-edged sword
One side destroys
One releases
I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy me?
Follow truth and you shall:
Find me on water
Purify me through fire
Trapped by earth nevermore
Air will whisper to you
What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible
If you believe
Then we shall both be free.
- Kristin Cast

I'm trying to figure the rules. This isn't yin and yang, it's more like yin and yank. The past few days I've been going, OK, she doesn't mix the... romance so well with the single-mindedness of the police work. So it gets me wondering, Is the solution for me to give up our working relationship? Stop my magazine research so we can-?"
Nikki grabbed him into a deep kiss. Then she pulled away and said, "Will you shut up?
- Richard Castle

If your parents never had children, chances are... neither will you.
- Dick Cavett

I love you, Jemmaline Girard. I always have and I always will. You are my future and my forever. You have already claimed the deepest part of my soul, femme de mon coeur.
- Katlyn Charlesworth

You don't understand, you fool' says Yegor, looking dreamily up at the sky. 'You've never understood what kind of person I am, nor will you in a million years... You just think I'm a mad person who has thrown his life away... Once the free spirit has taken hold of a man, there's no way of getting it out of him.
- Anton Chekhov

Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
- Winston Churchill

Use what language you will, you can never say anything but what you are.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What will you have? quoth God; pay for it, and take it.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trying to will yourself bigger boobs?
- Tera Lynn Childs

Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind, and your soul is revealed by your actions.
- Agatha Christie

How long will you keep me?" I asked.
You shrugged. "Forever, of course.
- Lucy Christopher

Only with a clear mind will you be able to see who is truly in your heart.
- Clamp

Eden," Cyrus snapped bringing her back to the present. "I have a sword pointed at you. Will you please focus
- Samantha Young

You're good with the words, I'll give you that."
"I'm good with my hands. Will you let me give you that?
- Samantha Young

You don't know me from the wind
you never will, you never did
I'm the little jew who wrote the Bible.
I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival.
- Leonard Cohen

When the moment comes, will you take your chance to be a hero?
- Eoin Colfer

Artemis: "Right, brothers. Onward. Imagine yourself seated at a cafe in Montmartre."
Myles: "In Paris."
Artemis: "Yes, Paris. And try as you will, you cannot attract the waiter's attention. What do you do?"
Beckett: "Umm...tell Butler to jump-jump-jump on his head?"
Myles: "I agree with simple-toon."
Artemis: "No! You simply raise one finger and say clearly 'ici, garcon.'"
Beckett: "Itchy what?
- Eoin Colfer

Will you miss him Holly?" he asked suddenly.
"No," she said. "I will not miss him."
But her eyes told the real story.
- Eoin Colfer

Samuel didn't move. 'What will you do it I climb off the bed?'
'Well I can eat you, or I can drag you down to the depths of Hell, never to seen or heard from again. Depends, really.'
'On what?'
'Lost of things: hygiene, for a start. After tasting that sock, I don't fancy eating any part of you, to be honest, so it'll have to be the depths of Hell for you, I'm afraid.
- John Connolly

Will you be a reader, a student merely, or a seer? Read your fate, see what is before you, and walk on into futurity.
- Henry David Thoreau

...and when you meet someone and fall in love, and they fall in love with you, you ask them "Will you take my heart-- stains and all?" and they say "I will," and they ask you the same question and you say, "I will," too.
- Douglas Coupland

Will you sleep with me?" he asked softly, before grinning suddenly. "In the tub?
- Shelly Crane

True! - nervous - very, very nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad?
- Edgar Allan Poe

TRUE! nervous very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses not destroyed not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily how calmly I can tell you the whole story.
- Edgar Allan Poe

(Ren's) eyes were sad but resigned. "And where will you go?"
I couldn't keep the fear out of my reply. "I don't know."
"Please don't do this," he whispered. "Come back with me. We'll talk to Logan; there has to be an explanation. The Keepers need us; we're the alphas. We'll figure this out. They won't hurt you. I won't let them.
- Andrea Cremer

By learning these eternal truths, not only will you prepare your family for a better future and change your family history forever, you will also gain all of the self-confidence you need. You'll wake up every day excited about being alive that day, and know that today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be even better than today. You will be linked to the chain of prosperity.
- Celso Cukierkorn

you shall above all things be glad and young
For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad
whatever's living will yourself become.
- E E Cummings

How about it, Skywalker? Will you still fight for me after we've been married for twenty-odd years?"
"What do you mean by 'still'? You do your own fighting. If I forget that, I'm not likely to survive until our twentieth anniversary."
Mara & Luke
- Elaine Cunningham

Some day soon," Lance said, "you'll walk out of here and have to decide how you're going to live the rest of your lives. Will you be defined by what other people see, or by the essence of your soul?
- Andrew Davidson

He's all right. His hair is cute."
Jonas froze, his lobster fork halfway to his mouth. " Oh my God, you're in love."
"I'm not in love."
"'his hair is cute'? You never say anything nice about anyone. Coming from you, cute hair is a mating call."
" I talked to the guy for thirty seconds. And then he waved at me while i was in the tank."
"Holy fuck, you're getting married, aren't you!"
" Will you simmer. I certainly am not.
- Maryjanice Davidson

Oh my God", Marc rhapsodized. "Who is that ?"
"An asshole," I mumbled, turning back to him and picking up my tea. I was so rattled I sloshed some of the hot liquid on my hand, but I didn't feel a thing.
"He's coming over here !" Marc squealed. "Oh my God, oh my God, ohmyGod!"
"Will you get a hold of yourself?" I hissed. "You sound like a girl with a crush. Ah-ha!
- Maryjanice Davidson

If you draw your sword against those you sworn to protect, the very ones who trust in your strength, how will you convince them that you are a shield when the dragons come and take them away?
- Bryan Davis

His eyes narrowed to slits.
Power passed over her, intensifying her desire for him. She moaned and rotated her hips against him. What will you do with me now?
- Lia Davis

Will you follow me, Darsal? Will you Silvie? Will you both follow me to hell and back because two fuzzy white bats told me you should?
- Ted Dekker

If you were to go, and hopefully someday you will, you would see a lot of paintings of dead people. You'd see Jesus on the cross, and you'd see a dude get stabbed in the neck, and you'd see people dying at sea and in battle and a parade of martyrs. But Not. One. Single. Cancer. Kid. Nobody biting it from the plague or smallpox or yellow fever or whatever, because there is no glory in illness. There is no meaning to it. There is no honor in dying of.
- John Green

Will you give me another chance?" Robert repeated. Smiling, Dougless kissed him on the cheek. "No," she said, "although I thank you very much for the offer.
- Jude Deveraux

Hands down, the biggest thrill is to get a letter from a kid saying, I loved your book. Will you write me another one?
- Kate Dicamillo

Everything is true,' he said. 'Everything anybody has ever thought.'
'Will you be all right?'
'I'll be all right,' he said, and thought, And I'm going to die. Both those are true, too.
- Philip K Dick

Man," said the Ghost, "if man you be in heart, not adamant, forbear that wicked cant until you have discovered What the surplus is, and Where it is. Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die?
- Charles Dickens

I want you all to stand; will you do that for me, please?
- James Dickey

I've always admired your rather formidable will, your refusal to back away from difficulties, but sometimes strength isn't about perseverance. Sometimes it's about knowing when to quit.
- Jennifer Donnelly

Cry your grief to God. Howl to the heavens. Tear your shirt. Your hair. Your flesh. Gouge out your eyes. Carve out your heart. And what will you get from Him? Only silence. Indifference. But merely stand looking at the playbills, sighing because your name is not on them, and the devil himself appears at your elbow full of sympathy and suggestions. And that's why I did it....Because God loves us, but the devil takes an interest.
- Jennifer Donnelly

When just starting out on a new journey it's only natural to feel vulnerable. After all it may seem that you have much to lose. But may I remind you that never again at any other point in the same journey will you have so much to gain.
- Mike Dooley

If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Our technological infrastructure alienates us from each other. No need to form a workplace community, everybody there will be out in a year or two, and so will you, looking for a better place.
- Mary Douglas

What will you do now with the gift of your left life?
- Carol Ann Duffy

For we each of us deserve everything, every luxury that was ever piled in the tombs of the dead kings, and we each of us deserve nothing, not a mouthful of bread in hunger. Have we not eaten while another starved? Will you punish us for that? Will you reward us for the virtue of starving while others ate? No man earns punishment, no man earns reward. Free your mind of the idea of deserving, the idea of earning, and you will begin to be able to think.
- Ursula K Le Guin

JUDAS PRIEST BUDDHIST PRIEST! WILL YOU SET THE FUCKIN' HOOK?
- David James Duncan

When you cease to exist, then who will you blame?
- Bob Dylan

My books are a subject of much discussion. They pour from shelves onto tables, chairs and the floor, and Chaz observes that I haven't read many of them and I never will. You just never know. One day I may need is the word I use to read Finnegans Wake, the Icelandic sagas, Churchill's history of the Second World War, the complete Tintin in French, 47 novels by Simenon, and By Love Possessed.
- Roger Ebert

Will you never grow up?"
"I doubt it, and I certainly hope not.
- David Eddings

Never again will you be capable of ordinary human feeling. Everything will be dead inside you. Never again will you be capable of love, or friendship, or joy of living, or laughter, or curiosity, or courage, or integrity. You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty and then we shall fill you with ourselves.
- George Orwell

You know, everybody dies. My parents died. Your father died. Everybody dies. I'm going to die too. So will you. The thing is, to have a life before we die. It can be a real adventure having a life
- John Irving

I want to hold you, Nikki. Will you let me?
- Simone Elkeles

Phillipa, my heart, my blood, my everything,
will you for God's and my sake marry me?
- Suzanne Enoch

I told you I didn't have a heart. I do have one. I just didn't know it until I met you. You are my light. My soul craves you, and I love you with every ounce of the heart you've awakened in me. I...I could live without you but I wouldn't want to. Will you marry me, Evelyn Marie?
- Suzanne Enoch

Elizabeth Bennet, will you do me the great honor of not going to prom with me?... Will you instead avoid prom with me and let me take you on a date ? - Will Darcy in Prom & Prejudice
- Elizabeth Eulberg

Such a nice body.
She nearly dropped her brush. Will you stop! Just the low velvet touch of his voice sent heat curling through her body. It was sinful and unfair to have such a voice.
I did not think you would ever speak with me as a lifemate would. I waited long for that impatient comment.
- Christine Feehan

Irrationally, I think, Will You Marry Me? Four words. I Want a Divorce. Four words. I would like time to count the letters as well, but there is not time.
- Suzanne Finnamore

Oh God," Jenna said, "will you shut up and kiss me before I change my mind?
- Richard Finney

Now for God's sake, will you two start behaving like a princess and a Courier?" Halt told them. "If you don't, I'll have to think about sending Will home.'
'Me?' Will said, his voice breaking into a high-pitched squeak of indignation. 'What's it got to do with me?'
'It's all your fault!' Halt shouted irrationally.
- John Flanagan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...