Skip to main content

You Are Right Quotes

Bigotry is an odd thing. To be bigoted you have to be absolutely sure you are right and nothing makes that surety and righteousness like continence. Continence is the foe of heresy.
- Ernest Hemingway

She glanced in the rearview mirror, as if she might see Mouse sitting up instead of lying flat. "I can't imagine Blake living through the night," she confessed. "If you can see him from where you are right now, tell him Livia did a good job.
- Debra Anastasia

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much, much better.
- Laurie Anderson

You are where you are right now because of the actions you've taken, or maybe, the inaction you've taken.
- Steve Maraboli

When the prurient and the impotent attack you, be sure you are right.
- Oscar Wilde

You are right, but the weakness does not come from the millions of Muslims in the world. They do not mind being radical, they have no fear to speak out and to protest and to jihad.
- Abu Bakar Bashir

You are right," he had said. "Love is not the word. No one can love his neighbor. Say, rather, 'Know thy neighbor as thyself." That is, comprehend his hardships and understand his position, deal with his faults as gently as with your own. Do not judge him where you do not judge yourself. Madame, this is the meaning of the word love.
- Pearl S Buck

No doubt you are right... there would be far less suffering amongst mankind if men... did not employ their imaginations so assiduously in recalling the memory of past sorrow, instead of bearing their present lot with equanimity.
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

You are right in speaking of the moral foundations of science, but you cannot turn around and speak of the scientific foundations of morality.
- Albert Einstein

Whenever you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. (Henry Ford)
- Rhonda Byrne

Yes, he said in a voice indescribable, you are right. I am afraid of him. Therefore I swear by God that I will seek out this man whom I fear until I find him, and strike him on the mouth. If heaven were his throne and the earth his footstool, I swear that I would pull him down.
How? asked the staring Professor. Why?
Because I am afraid of him, said Syme; and no man should leave in the universe anything of which he is afraid.
- Gilbert K Chesterton

Everything in our lives," she said quietly, "leads up to everything else in our lives. So a moment in the present has a reference point, both in the past and in the future. I want you to know that you--as you are right now and as you ever wil be--are fully enough for this moment..
- Elizabeth George

You are right to demand that an author be conscious of what he is doing, but you are confusing two concepts: solving the problem and correctly formulating the problem. Only the latter is required of the artist.
- Anton Chekhov

When you are right, everything around you is right, for the beautiful flow that is inside your heart has the capacity to spread its fragrance of oneness-light all around you.
- Sri Chinmoy

Be sure that you are right, and then go ahead.
- David Crockett

Be always sure you are right - then go ahead.
- Davy Crockett

You are right to be afraid," he said, "but where does this fear lead you? Nowhere. You must let go of fear.
- Margaret Dilloway

(...) We are bound to go."
My answer was to rise from the table.
"You are right, Holmes. We are bound to go."
He sprang up and shook me by the hand.
"I knew you would not shrink at the last," said he, and for a moment I saw something in his eyes which was nearer to tenderness than I had ever seen. The next instant he was his masterful, practical self once more.
- Arthur Conan Doyle

Because God is with you all the time, no place is any closer to God than the place where you are right now.
- Rick Warren

When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.
- Martin Luther King Jr

If you believe in your heart that you are right, you must fight with all your might to do it your way. Only dead fish swim with the stream all the time.
- Linda Ellerbee

By the way, the secret of speaking French is confidence. Whether you are right or wrong, you don't hesitate.
- Joseph Epstein

You are right. I have no idea, and it is none of my business, and I was taught to obey my parents. But sometimes it is just impossible to obey blindly.
Sometimes a child must strike out on her own. A child cannot be a child forever, whether that means not touching a spindle or... or..
- Alex Flinn

Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.
- Henry Ford

The human race is unimportant. It is the self that must not be betrayed."
"I suppose one could say that Hitler didn't betray his self."
"You are right. He did not. But millions of Germans did betray their selves. That was the tragedy. Not that one man had the courage to be evil. But that millions had not the courage to be good.
- John Fowles

Where you are right now doesn't have to determine where you'll end up
- Barack Obama

At the end of the day, the circumstances of your life-- what you look like,where you come from,how much money you have,what you've got going on at home--none of that is an excuse... where you are right now doesnt have to determine where you'll end up. No ones writthen your destiny for you, because here in America, you write you own destiny.You make your own future.
- Barack Obama

Death is impatient and thoughtless. It barges into your room when you are right in the middle of something, and it doesn't bother to wipe its boots.
- Tom Robbins

Why movies are so powerful is because you are right in there and you stay in there until they want you to come out, and then you've really gone somewhere.
- Rachel Griffiths

One ought not to encourage beggars, and yes, you are right, it is far better to donate to charities that address the causes of poverty rather than to him, a creature who is merely its symptom.
- Mohsin Hamid

What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do - especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
- William Least Heatmoon

When you're travelling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
- William Least Heatmoon

The first ingredient to being wrong is to claim that you are right. Geniuses have a knack for raising new questions. Hence by the public they are either admired for their creativity or, even more commonly so, detested for disturbing the daily peace of mind.
- Criss Jami

It seems the older we get, the tighter our inner circle becomes. When life has you down, some of those you thought had your back run, others...sometimes strangers surprise you and fill that empty space up. Oh, but life has a great balancing act and when that axle turns and you are right side up again...you will definitely not be looking for any long, lost "friends" because your inner circle is battle-tested to win!
- Sanjo Jendayi

I'm not paying you for the player you used to be, I'm paying you for the player you are right now.
- Michael Lewis

What is courage?" its chorus asked--and the song answered, "It is to give when hope is gone, when there is no chance that men may call you a hero, when you have tried and failed and rise to try again." It asked the same of friendship, answering that "the friend stands beside you when you are right and all others despise you for it.
- Mercedes Lackey

There is no greater impotence in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you.
- Norman Mailer

I'm going to play,' says Armand, lacing his fingers and cracking the knuckles. 'A pair of these lads can pump for me.'
'Is this a time for playing?' asks Jean Baptiste. Then, 'You are right. You have never been more so.
- Andrew Miller

That's why it is important to enjoy the journey not just the destination. In this world, we will never arrive at a place where everything is perfect and we have no more challenges. As admirable as setting goals and reaching them maybe, you can't get so focused on accomplishing your goals that you make the mistake of not enjoying where you are right now.
- Joel Osteen

Life is so great that we only get a tiny moment to enjoy everything we see. And that moment is right now. And that moment is counting down. And that moment is always, always fleeting. You will never be as young as you are right now.
- Neil Pasricha

[Sam]: "... The moment your tongue met the head of my c#ck I almost fucking lost it right there. Just looking at you made me so hard."
"Like you are right now?"
The hope in her tone made him smile. "Yes. Believe me, baby, I'm like steel for you and I only have a memory and your sexy voice to guide me.
- Cari Quinn

Within the extent of your knowledge, you are right.
- Ayn Rand

I was a thorn rushing to be with a rose, vinegar blending with honey...
Then I found some dirt to make an ointment that would honor my soul...
Love says, You are right,
but don't claim these changes.
Remember, I am wind. You are an ember I ignite.
- Rumi

Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles.
- J D Salinger

Politics is a science. You can demonstrate that you are right and that others are wrong.
- Jeanpaul Sartre

Everything in our lives," she said quietly, "leads up to everything else in our lives. So a moment in the present has a reference point, both in the past and in the future. I want you to know that you--as you are right now and as you ever wil be--are fully enough for this moment..
- Elizabeth George Speare

you are right where you should be / now act like it
- Michelle Tea

You are right that I don't have a lot of spare time because I love to stay busy and keep my calendar full.
- Kiana Tom

Memories can be everything if we choose to make them so. But you are right: you mustn't do that. That is for me, and I shall do it.
- William Trevor

Understand is not the word; you are right, you can never really 'understand' about someone, anyone, even yourself. It is best to believe in them as human; feel that they are alive like you and need warmth, concern.
- Rudy Wiebe

It was like fighting with the MPAA... to me it was like this is an R easy... but it was NC 17 over and over and even with this cut they were like, you are right on the edge buddy, one more thing and it's NC-17.
- Rob Zombie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Contact Quotes

If you must eat a banana in public, never make eye contact. - Darynda Jones I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them. "It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it. - Alexandra Adornetto The trick is not to make eye contact. They don't charge if you don't make eye contact. - Sarah Addison Allen I'm Emma. I'm here to make you see the meaning of your life. Her exalted words were totally conquered by her dragging tone and lack of eye contact. - Debra Anastasia I glanced at Derek. The boy wonder didn't melt into a pile of goo, although his gaze was glued to Rowena's chest. Avoiding eye contact. Good strategy. - Ilona Andrews So just look mean and don't make eye contact with anyone. (Syn) Gee, hon, you take m

I Did It My Way Quotes

And now, the end is near, And so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full. I've traveled each and every highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way. - Frank Sinatra You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. - Johnny Cash Every comedian dreams of hosting 'The Tonight Show' and, for seven months, I got to. I did it my way, with people I love, and I do not regret a second. - Conan Obrien It doesn't matter that I didn't win a trophy because I did it my way and I lived the dream. - Alan Shearer

Into The Wild Quotes

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. - Alan Alda The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. - Alan Alda And I'm going to tell the truth: I didn't like that Sean Penn movie Into the Wild so much. Yes! I know it was critically acclaimed. I know it won all these awards! It's very sad that a boy is dead and all. But I thought the movie Enchanted, with the singing princess and the chipmunk and the people dancing in Central Park, was cuter. So there! - Meg Cabot Communing with God is communing with our own hearts, our own best selves, not with something foreign and accidental. Saints and devotees have gone into the wilderness to find God; of course they took God with them, and the silence and detachment enabled them to hear the still, small